- Quarter Sawn Vertical Grain Fir door skins pre-graded prior to door construction and final shipment to minimize face defects.
- Quarter Sawn gives a narrow striped pattern when the log is sliced into veneers.
- Quarter Sawn Vertical Grain Fir veneer flitches are book matched, where every other piece of veneer is turned over so adjacent pages are opened like two adjacent pages in a book. The veneer joints match, creating a mirrored image pattern at the joint line.
- Light sanding recommended prior to finishing.
- Available in standard 6’8”, 7’ and 8’ passage and bifold sizes, hollow or solid core construction – 1 3/8″ and 1 3/4″ thick.
- Custom sizes available.