- Plain Sliced White Maple door skins are graded according to WDMA IS-1A and AWS Custom Grade Architectural “A” grade wood veneer (minimum thickness 1/50” before sanding).
- Veneer slicing is done parallel to a line through the center of the log. Cathedral and straight grain patters result. The individual pieces of veneer are kept in the order they are sliced, permitting a natural grain progression when assembled as a door face.
- Plain Sliced White Maple veneer flitches are book matched, where every other piece of veneer is turned over so adjacent pages are opened like two adjacent pages in a book. The veneer joints match, creating a mirrored image pattern at the joint line.
- Light sanding recommended prior to finishing.
- Available up to 4’ x 10’ with bonded/sanded core assembly – 1 3/8″ and 1 3/4″ with option up to 2 ½” thick.
- Custom sizes available